Annette Green Authors' Agency handles a variety of work including but not limited to
- literary fiction
- general and mass market fiction, thrillers, comedies, horror
- serious non-fiction (current affairs, history, science, politics etc)
- popular culture (film, TV, sport, music etc)
- older children's and teenage fiction.
We do not usually handle science fiction or fantasy. We do not consider poetry or dramatic scripts.
- Please send a brief covering letter, a short synopsis and the opening few chapters, up to a maximum of about 10,000 words.
- For non-fiction, please send a general overview of the project and a similar amount of sample text.
- Please send word documents rather than pdfs.
Material can be emailed to:
If you wish to submit material to us please send or email a short covering letter, a brief synopsis, and between 5,000 and 10,000 words from your book: ideally the opening chapters. If you are submitting material to other agencies at the same time please tell us in your letter. If you are sending hard copy please also include a stamped self addressed envelope for our reply and for anything you need returned. If you do not include an s.a.e. or an email address we will be unable to reply. Postal submissions can be addressed simply to the agency, not to individuals.
We aim to respond within four weeks but at very busy times it can take longer.
Please do not send cheques or cash for return postage. We are unable to return material unless you enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
Please do not send material by recorded delivery as we cannot guarantee to accept it.
We cannot accept responsibility for material which is lost in the post.
If you feel you need editorial advice or guidance before or after submitting to us, we offer the services of many of our successful clients who are also experienced teachers of creative writing. Visit our Creative Writing Consultancy page for details.